Weleda, a brand with over 90 years of heritage and a loyal UK customer base in the ‘purist’ organic health sector.
The Problem: Stagnant growth, untapped commercial potential and lack of buzz associated with the brand.
The Brief: Increase sales by shaking off Weleda’s lacklustre image and making it more attractive to a wider audience of ‘cool’ consumers – the ‘fusionists’ – without alienating the core customer.
The Transformation: WIZARD’s specialist approach generated new excitement and interest in the brand, winning it numerous industry awards and accolades. Unaided by advertising or big launch budgets, WIZARD’s proactive and integrated PR Campaign yielded Weleda that ‘star’ quality. The brand now enjoys countless celebrity, model and press brand ambassadors, increased sales and opportunities to expand. It is the buzz that WIZARD created that encouraged Liberty to stock the brand heroes.
- Positioned the brand alongside key premium competitors focusing on the mainstream, national consumer titles and the top beauty blogs and influencers.
- Seeding’ the product into the hands of key celebrities and influencers.
- Took the Weleda experience to London Fashion Week by securing the sponsorship of Erin O’Connor’s Model Sanctuary.
- Organised a press/influencer trip to the Flagship Spa in Paris.
- Propelled the media makeover Weleda desired and boosted visibility and profile.
- Catapulted Weleda into a cult ‘must-have’ brand for fashion and beauty aficionados alike.
- Elevated brand image, giving the products a ‘cool’ factor by being associated with the fashion event of the year.
- Secured more column inches through in-depth feature placements and buzz via social media.