“The Wizard team was a key element in building brand awareness and helping establish benefit in the UK & Ireland.
As a ‘start up’ brand, it was imperative that we chose the right PR company – one whose experience, contacts and passion, would bring us results far exceeding those that could be expected from a desirable, exciting, but unknown beauty brand.
We chose correctly!”
With just one counter in Harrods, Benefit was the first personality brand to launch in the UK and was unknown.
Successfully launch the brand in the UK, Ireland and France, building the brand strategically, positioning it correctly and maximising the hype in all areas of the media.
Over ten years, Wizard achieved the following:
- turned this unknown brand into a cult brand and celebrity ‘must-have’ – many times turning products into sell-out phenomena;
- Gained over 1,500 editorial hits (no advertising support) a year;
- Ensured all the leading industry professionals worked with the brand;
- Created so much hype that Benefit became a collectable – customers were buying two of every new launch – one to keep and one to use!
- Successfully implemented the UK, Irish and French launch;
- Wizard was appointed to oversee and direct the PR for the global expansion of the brand reporting back to the San Francisco HQ;
- Created initiatives to drive sales at counter;
- Benefit was the most talked about cosmetic line and resulted in interest from LVMH, who then bought the brand.
- growing the brand from one store in Harrods to over 250 stores nationwide and 7 standalone stores
- Boutique Openings
- New launches and launch events
- Feature placement and profiling – consumer and trade
- Subscriptions & Reader offers
- Retail Events
- 3rd Party Link ups
- Launching Benefit in France to the A list French journalists holding a press event in Paris. Also handling the Irish press launch with an event in Dublin;
- Regional campaign
- Beauty Awards
- Counter Drives
- Make-up artist liaison